Friday 1 June 2012

My Stone Of Destiny


Last day of regular classes yesterday and the next I'll be seeing anyone is on Tuesday, when we meet at the airport.  I also managed to get my last essay in this morning, so all of my schoolwork is over and done with until we hit Scotland.  The next few days will be taken up with work, going to the Island to see my daughter and grandson, then trying to get packed.

The Island trip is more a gathering of the clan.  My son, daughter and their three are coming along with us, so the whole immediate family will be there.  It’s been awhile since we were all able to get together at the same time, so I’m looking forward to it.

We had another guest speaker yesterday and one who was able to provide a lot of information on the arts scene in Glascow and Edinburgh.  That was of particular interest to me because of my photography addiction.  I realize it’s not music or drama, but where there is interest in one form of the arts, it usually extends to the others.  It certainly sounds like Scotland is the place to be if you’re passionate about art in any of its forms.

The mysterious Capstone Project was also revealed and while parts of it sound very interesting, others seem downright intimidating.  Once again, for me, it sounds like it’s particularly applicable.  We are to find our own “Stone of Destiny”.  In my case, that’s exactly what I am doing, both in returning to school to pursue an old goal and in visiting Scotland and Ireland which has always been a dream.  Part of my personal agenda in visiting is to learn about all the legends, myths and history of both countries; a gathering of information to form into a children’s book.  Whether I am even successful at publishing it doesn’t matter; it’s the doing that counts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got a comment? Let me know.