Tuesday 19 June 2012

Backstage at the Lyceum

Yesterday was a quieter day on the Scottish front.  We were able to get backstage at the Lyceum Theatre in the morning.  The Lyceum is one of the oldest in Scotland and has a reputation for having the best acoustics.  The stage is tilted to a 24° rake, as is the seating area, so there are few seats without a full view of the stage.
The Lyceum Theatre in Edinburgh
I hadn’t realized, likely because I know very little about it and didn’t think about it, just how much goes into the back stage production.  One play can have as many as 300 cues that the stage manager has to deal with.  Not to mention making sure that actors and technicians are where they’re supposed to be.  It sounded to me as if the production people are vastly shortchanged on the recognition side of things.
After the Lyceum tour, we were free, except for meeting with Calvin in the afternoon.  I took at least part of that time to get laundry and my PEFA assignment done for Christine.  Both of which, I’m happy to say, are complete.  I’ll just do a brief look-over on the review and make sure I haven’t gone completely off the rails.
Today will also be a quiet day.  We have Geography this morning, then this afternoon is free to check out the museums, explore or tend to schoolwork.  The only thing I have left to do on the school aspect, at the moment anyway, is my revision on my poetry assignment.  Depending on what the weather does, I may or may not get that looked after.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got a comment? Let me know.