Sunday 17 June 2012

No Rest (Food or Water) for the Wicked

As you know, I’d activated my Edinburgh Pass on Friday, so Saturday was to be a continuation of the time travel through the history of the city.  I had originally intended a couple of different things to do, but decided I didn’t want to be in the weather again for a bit and I had homework to do.  After much yap and back and forth, a number of us decided to meet up for four o’clock and do the Edinburgh Dungeons tour.
Camera Obsura - The Martian Hands
To my great disappointment, no photographs were allowed and there was a fairish line-up to get in.  Always a good sign, to my way of thinking.  It was well worth the wait.  The tour began with a mock trial, which resulted in death sentences for four of our group; one for cross dressing and cavorting in pink knickers, the other three for crimes against fashion.  Two of the four were fortunate enough to be chosen for other nefarious stunts and pranks throughout the tour.  At the end, it was all for naught; the whole bunch of us were hanged.

Camera Obscura Star Gallery With a Twist

Camera Obscura was the next stop on the agenda.  It consisted of light shows, optical illusions and some very cool things to do.  It was enjoyable and I hesitated for quite some time in the gift shop, trying to decide whether I going to spend £27 on a pinhole camera with all the bells and whistles.  Finally I decided not, as I’d already made a bunch of cruder versions at home.  Not to mention I can’t work with the chemicals to develop the film anymore.
There was time to kill between the Obscura Tour and our next show, so we tried to find a place that was warm, dry and where we would be able to get something to eat and drink.  No go on that one, so we ended up huddled under the arches of the St. Giles Church.  But, that’s another story.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Got a comment? Let me know.