Wednesday 23 May 2012

Sister Wendy Beckett

Yesterday was another meeting with Sister Wendy Beckett as she talked about the Impressionists.  I don’t know whether she really is a nun or not, but she's done a series of videos about art of the 18th and 19th centuries.  What she has to say about certain pieces has a much larger impact because of the nun suit.  There are just some things you don’t expect to hear from a “nun”. 
Geography was all about tectonic plates, their movement and types of formations on the landscape.  I was good up to the point of right and left strike plates.  I just got over the rocks in my head and now have to figure out rights and lefts.  I consider myself doing well if I can figure out which is my right and left hand, let alone anything else.  Truly directionally challenged, north is whatever direction I’m facing.  I’m told it’s because I’m both sides brained.  I don’t know how true that is, but I’ll take it.  Beats just being severely challenged any day of the week.  The human capacity for self-delusion….
Anyway, back to tectonic plates.  The B.C. government is doing a Zombie Preparedness Week.  No, it doesn’t mean that we all have to go out and get rock salt and big needles and thread (rock salt goes into the mouth of a zombie and then his/her mouth is sewn shut – supposed to undo the voodoo).  It’s Emergency Preparedness Planning for when the big one hits the B.C. coast.  Whoever did the marketing plan on this one ensured that ears will perk up.  People are paying attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got a comment? Let me know.