Monday 7 May 2012

Hello, Welcome to Scotland!

          When I decided to return to school as a full-time student last September, I had no idea of the extent of change it would bring about.  After spending over thirty years in the taxation and accounting fields, I decided to return to my dreams and aspirations of forty years ago.  Being an accountant was never in the game plan back then.  In fact, I look on it the same way I look at dentistry.  I find it difficult to imagine that anyone would actually want to grow up and become either one.  Loving languages and writing, I had always planned on being a translator or writer. That isn’t to say that I haven’t made my mark and achieved other goals, but after surviving thirty-five years of marriage, three kids, six grandchildren and an interminable number of years in a less than desirable career choice, it was time for a change and a chance.
          And so, I start my third semester today, May 7th, 2012.  It promises to be one of the most challenging, but will also be the opportunity of a lifetime.  In less than a month, my class and I, along with three exceedingly courageous instructors, will be arriving in Scotland for three weeks of study, history and the stories of an ancient people.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got a comment? Let me know.