Monday 14 May 2012

What To Do, What to Do!

                It’s been a few days since I last posted, so it’s past due time that I got on with it again.  By the time I squeeze through to the end of the week, there’s not much left in the brain cell department.
                Our first assignment for Personal Narrative was due today.  I have to admit that, along with identifying rocks, I’m a little out of my depth.  It’s not something I ever do, nor am I ever likely to.  Fiction is more my style.  Or historical fiction. 
Anyway, the subject matter was to write about someone who had made a large impact on my life.  Trying to decide who that might be and how to write about him or her was an issue, for starters.  Comfort level was another.  I’m not much of a one for getting too personal.  The whole idea was tending to drive me around the bend and I’d almost decided that the only thing to do was to write about the guy who invented toilets.  I’d say, overall, that had a pretty big impact, tied up as it was with indoor plumbing and not having to watch out for flying slops.
After considering that thought for awhile, I decided that probably wasn’t what was in mind when drafting the assignment, so had to change the game plan.  By the time I got finished spewing out no end of nonsense onto the page, I had worked out something approaching reasonable.  Well, I’ll soon find out just what might be considered reasonable.
Three weeks tomorrow, we take off for Scotland.  It’s probably just as well that I’m too busy to think about it too much or I’d be driving everyone insane by now.  Normally, I’d be hitting that five year old stage – “Are we there yet?  Can we go now?  I want to go now.  Let’s go, let’s go.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got a comment? Let me know.