Monday 21 May 2012

My Head is Broken!

There was a time when I used to write poetry.  You know, that phase most young teen girls go through.  Now, I really have to wonder why.  I have a personal narrative poem due on Wednesday and it’s driving me around the bend.  And, no, it’s not because I’ve left it to the last minute – I started it a while back.
I knew what I wanted to say and got that drafted out.  Then I got hung up on in the syllable count in each line.  After struggling with that for a day, I gave it up, just wrote the lines and shut it down for the night.
The next morning, yesterday, I broke the lines where there was a pause.  Read it and re-read it and read it once more.  Finally, I managed to have the words and flow I was looking for sorted out.  Except for two stanzas.  Even the one isn’t that bad, but the other….   Now, at this point it’s shut it down or the laptop and river will meet.  Not that that’s a nice, satisfying crash, but it would have to do.  I’ll see what I can manage tomorrow when I’ll have gotten some of my sanity back.  I hope.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got a comment? Let me know.