Friday 13 July 2012

Looking Homeward

Today it’s off home, I am.  It seems as if I have been here a long time and I suppose I have been.  There are more than a few things that will seem odd when I get back to Canada.  I’ve gotten so used to the way things are and work here.  Just everyday things that become the norm.  Like looking the opposite way for cars when crossing the road or calling chips “crisps.”  Toilets that flush from the wall.  Even escalators run the opposite way around and up is down.
I’m looking forward to getting home.  I miss everyone and my babies.  No doubt Padge will be pissed off for the first five minutes or so, until she forgets why.  Wiggy will just boink and wag himself off his feet.  It’s going to be hard getting back into the normal routine.  And that may not be a bad thing.  After all, going back to school, making this trip, it is all about change.  There have been a few very positive pointers that show me that that change is possible.  My review has been deemed “publishable” and the suggestion put forth that I try to do some work for The Other Press.  The blog has also been a positive and I may be able to parlay that into something as well.
School for September is all set to go.  Classes are registered and my funding for the term is approved.  I would like to do some peer tutoring.  My marks qualify me for it and I am a good teacher.  I just have to decide what to do in other areas and that decision won’t be made until Carl and I have a chance to talk.  If I can write for the paper and tutor…..
As my grandfather would say, “Well, there you go.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got a comment? Let me know.