Monday 23 July 2012

Another Milestone Reached!

OMG!  I still  have to be medicated everytime I think about this one.  Carl, the old fart and I, celebrated our 35th wedding anniversary yesterday.  And that doesn't include the year and a bit we were "living in sin", as it was known back then.  As I had mentioned in an earlier post, I had bought our rings in Galway when I was there.  We had both lost ours somewhere along the lines years earlier and I had thought it appropriate to exchange new ones for our 35th.  That was if we could come up with new contract terms.  After that length of time, the original vows require amendment to reflect the reality of things.  I had refused to have "obey" in the first ceremony anyway, but there were still a few changes to be made.  Obey,  my %$#*.

In any case, after we got rid of the children, it doesn't seem to matter how old they are, they still have a habit of walking into the middle of things, we struck a new deal and exchanged the rings.  It feels odd to have a ring on that finger after all this time.  I'm sure it does for him as well.  The honeymoon over, he's now headed back up to Sorrento for the week to finish a job up there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got a comment? Let me know.